How to Become a Thought Leader
More Power! An Entrepreneur’s Road Map to SUCCESS
In our globalized economy, having a skill or two under your belt won’t help you stand out from the crowd – but being a thought leader will. Being called a thought leader is one of the highest compliments that you can get. Being a thought leader means that you are the go-to expert for what they do, and are considered indispensable by both your company and the broader public. If you’re ready to start down the path of leadership, follow these five steps on how to become a thought leader:
• Become an expert in your field. Don’t settle for mere competence. Not only do you want to be an expert— you want to be your field’s go-to guy, trend-forecaster, and all-around guru. Be the authority and build your credibility.
• Manage your online presence. Connecting with others via a blog, Twitter, or other social networking venue will give you the chance to link up with like-minded people, some of whom might offer considerable assistance along your path.
• Give public talks. Get over that fear of public speaking—flaunt what you know in as many places and in front of as many people as possible. This will help you build your credibility as well as establish your authority.
• Win some awards. Nominate yourself, compete, win, and add that award to your list. Once everyone knows who you are, people will be handing you rewards just to draw more visitors to their events.
• Publish a book. Once you’ve proven yourself and established your platform, it is time to take your ideas to print. If you succeed here, it makes the other four steps all the more easy. A thought leader doesn’t just participate in the conversation—they drive it.
Now that you steps for getting there, it’s time to get cracking! Employ these techniques and see how you can transform yourself from a leader to a thought leader.